SCIENTIFIC AND PRACTICAL WORKSHOP "PROCUREMENT IN THE ROAD SECTOR. FEATURES OF CONTRACT PRICES FORMATION FOR ROAD WORKS "
Scientific and practical workshop "Procurement in the road industry. Features of contract prices formation for road works " organized by Ukravtodor and "DerzhdorNDI" State Enterprise had been held on July 24-25, 2019 in Chernihiv, Ukraine.
The workshop was attended by the specialists engaged in public procurement in road services organizations in the regions, regional state administrations, regional road agencies, subcontract organizations.
Artem Bezuglyi, Director of "DerzhdorNDI" State Enterprise overviewed the latest innovations in the regulatory framework of Ukravtodor at the workshop, namely he presented a new classifier of road works, changes to State Construction Norms for road design and construction, as well as practical recommendations of Ukravtodor for execution of procurement procedures for construction and services of current midterm repair of roads.
Also, a number of topical issues in the areas of public procurement had been considered at the workshop:
• Draft Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine "About Public Procurement" and several other legislative acts of Ukraine regarding improvement of public procurement".
• Presentation of analytical module of "Transparent Infrastructure" portal.
• Features of organization and execution of procurement procedures, formation of public procurement annual plan, procurement subject determining procedure.
• Approaches to the preparation of tender documentation: formation of qualification requirements for the participants of procurement, documentary confirmation of the participants compliance to the qualification criteria, taking into account the specifics of road repair and maintenance procurement, content of technical, qualitative and quantitative characteristics information of the procurement subject; involvement of subcontractors; criteria and methodology of evaluation; draft agreement.
• Practice of appealing of customer decisions in the Antimonopoly Committee, discriminatory attributes of the requirements.
• Features of road works prices formation. Overview of recent changes in pricing in the national and industry standards. New procedure of estimated salary calculation. Problematic issues in road works cost determination.
• Determination of the expected cost of public roads maintenance services.
• Conclusion of the procurement contract. Checking of contract price by auction results. Problematic issues of contract execution by the results of procurement procedure. Changing of the essential terms of the procurement contract after its signing. Invalidity of the procurement contract. Application of operational and economic sanctions.
• Pre-threshold procurements. Negotiated procurement procedure. Additional works procurement.
We express gratitude to Liliia Lakhtionova, Director of Public Procurement Regulation Department of Ministry of Economic Development of Ukraine, Christina Artemenko, Public procurements expert, Sviatoslav Abramov, the Assistant of Director of the National Secretariat of CoST in Ukraine, as well as our Institute’s team specialists (Yulia Bibyk, Head of Department of Economic Research and Determination of Cost of Road Works, Kateryna Dendebera, Public Procurement Specialist, Taras Pechonchyk, Head of Strategic Development of Roads and Intelligent Transportation Systems Department and Bohdan Stasiuk, Head of Scientific and Organizational Work, Communication and Internal Control Department) for the interesting and informative lectures.